Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#reverb10 - December 8th

Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.


This feels less like a prompt and more like torture mostly due to my Scottish upbringing...


But I guess the one that comes to mind is this...


There are many things that make me different from the people around me (as is true for everyone), but I believe that what people find beautiful about me is that I do not focus on those differences as much as I focus on finding the common ground between myself and others in order to bridge the gap that would otherwise keep us separated.  This is what makes anyone beautiful.  This is what makes the world a more beautiful place.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post - I have been avoiding starting, perhaps the Northern Irish upbringing combined with now living in Scotland?!

    I like where you are coming from on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I fully understand where you're coming from (I'm part Irish too!) It is difficult to start, but once you do it makes such a difference.
    Hope the weathers treating you ok - I hear it's really bad just now!
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete