Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Saturday, December 4, 2010

#reverb10 - December 1st to 4th responses all in one...

December 4th - Wonder

Meditation, Zencast and yoga almost everyday are what have allowed me to cultivate a sense of wonder in my life during 2010.  I have learned so much value in being in the moment and have enjoyed learning about Buddhism so much that these things keep me going and striving to make my life happy so that I can do that for others in return.  Wonder is easy...you just have to allow yourself to be in the moment and really see what's there and you'll be blown away...

December 3rd - Moment

Picking a moment in which I have felt most alive this year could be picked from so many but I have to choose what happened to me today.

I had just exited the calm shopping paradise that is Qurum City Center with my last Xmas purchases before the next paycheck comes in right before the 25th.  I heard a bird chirping above my head and looked up into the gray piping above my head.  I couldn't see anything but knew it was a Mynah bird from the noises that I have heard so often in our garden here in Muscat.  I acknowledged the bird's song before making my way slowly over to the car that has been transporting me back and forth across this city for the last year and a half.

Once inside the car I took a moment to set up my i-pod and get the tunes flowing as today has felt as much a day for singing in the car as any.  As usual however I couldn't pick a tune to rock out to even as I approached the intersection at the exit from the car park.  I finally picked a U2 tune (can't remember which one, but it was good) and turned to drive up the hill when I noticed the heart-stopping, gasping beauty in the color of a bougainnvilliea I had passed on my way into City Center.  I knew it was there, having driven this road many times before, but I hadn't seen it on my way down the hill.  It wasn't until I changed direction and drove up the hill that it's beauty almost caused me to jump on the brakes.

I held my breath for a moment as my eyes got wide and I gasped 'Wow!'.  In one instant I understood this universe and the greatness in it.  Such beauty in the moment it took me to really see what was in front of my eyes the whole time.

I've seen many bougainvillea in my lifetime and I always appreciate the beauty of this plant, but never in my life have I really 'seen' a bougainvillea like that before.  It made me appreciate the moment for what it is.  It made me take a moment to appreciate life and I know it and how simple and gorgeous a moment is if we take the opportunity to let it in and enjoy it.

I wish I could have sat and watched that bougainvillea all day.  I would even have taken a photo if I hadn't been driving, but it would never have compared to that moment that I glimpsed past, present and future in the perfect moment.

December 2nd - Writing

The things I do each day that don't contribute to writing are endless hours of staring at my Facebook newsfeed waiting for a message or comment to pop up.  Fair enough those hours are not continuous cause 'that would be insane' LOL!  But there's always that little voice that pops up when thoughts of writing occur that tells me there could be a message waiting.

750 words is going to be my means of getting something written everyday.  That and the fact that my feature script has been brewing for so long that opportunity is knocking at my door and I feel it is finally time to brush the dust off the title page and make something out of it.  Revisions, revisions, revisions - just as I have been revising myself during 2010.  And I've turned out ok, so I'm hoping it'll be a winner in 2011 :D

December 1st - One Word

The one word that encapsulated the year 2010 for me would be LOVE.

Cheesy you may say as I would have said last year, or the year before etc etc...but not this year.  For this was the year that I decided to change the happiness quotient that I allowed myself and let love in for a change.

2009 was a year of loss for myself and others I love.  My judgements of others made me short sighted to the grander plan that was in place.  I began to see how all the love I had seen and shunned had been life trying to get in and explore.  I had firmly shut and locked the door, but then a tiny being came into our lives and everything began to make sense.  There was a reason and a purpose.  I wasn't sure what mine was as clearly as I do now that I have started inching the door to my heart further open each day.  Since that first crack appeared I have received more than I ever could have expected in so many ways that I am grateful for.  New acquaintances, old acquaintances, new loves, forever loves, new dreams, the accomplishment of old dreams and experiences I never expected.

Most of all it was a year for loving myself enough to understand that the love I receive can only grow further from the love that I have for myself and luckily 2010 was a great year for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment