Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Friday, December 17, 2010

#reverb10 - December 17th

Prompt: Lesson learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?


I learned that there is a part of me that does not want me to change under any circumstances.  But this is not me.  My real eternal self wants to change.  And it can change.  And it has to change.  Change is inevitable.  All the things I hope and wish for are possible because change is possible.
I'm applying this lesson by going after the things I want (a healthy mind and body, a writing career, spiritual growth and a happy life) everyday.
There are often days when the part of me that doesn't want me to change is at the steering wheel.  That's been happening a lot this weekend.  It's threatening to continue into next week.  But, I know that change is inevitable and that deep down I'm not that person.  Therefore I know that one thing I can rely on is the fact that next week I won't feel this way (or next month) and that I'll be back to pursuing my dreams.  So the cycle will continue.
I just know that this year and in the years that follow I won't give up on the real me who really wants to change, for I've learned my lesson from the past that giving up doesn't mean things don't change, but can mean things change for the worse if you're not careful.  Even if things change for the worse I'd rather they changed for the worse knowing I did everything I could to make them change for the better.



No comments:

Post a Comment