Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#reverb10 - December 18th

Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?



This one's had me stumped for a while now.  Mostly because 2010 was a great year for me trying new things:
- working out regularly
- being more aware of the things I put in my mouth and the words that come out of it
- meditation (can't say I succeeded with this one)
- thinking more positively and in the present moment
- making writing a focus and necessity in my life even if it's only 750 words a day

Starting all these things has made my life so much more fulfilling and made me a much happier person.  It's amazing that we spend so much time avoiding doing the things we love and hating ourselves and our lives because of it!  Crazy!

There are a lot of things that I wanted to try in 2010 but due to present circumstances can't, such as:
- joining a local Buddhist sangha
- joining a yoga studio and practicing there a few times a week
- writing for online newspapers
- eating more vegetarian and organic food
- saying 'yes' to more social activities
- starting dance and voice classes
- continuing my studies of the Spanish language

Although I've done a lot this year, I wouldn't say I've reached my goals.  Therefore, 2011 is going to be about fulfilling these hopes and from the looks of it, it's going to be a great, balancing and exciting year full of more of the things that bring passion into my life than I've ever allowed myself to experience at before!

No comments:

Post a Comment