Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Thursday, December 30, 2010

#reverb 10 - December 30th

Last 48 hrs of Reverb10! :(
Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?


The biggest gift I received this year was from myself.  I finally allowed and enabled myself to live more in the moment, which in turn meant I enjoyed life more on a moment to moment basis.  It's not that the circumstances of my life got better or that nothing bad happened this year, but more than I shifted my perspective and chose to stay present.  I was happier, didn't hate my job as much, and actually became a much nicer person.  
It's nice to finally give myself a break and appreciate that each moment is what I make it.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.
I recieved a few other gifts this year that are very memorable, but fortunately for me, those aren't for sharing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment