Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#reverb 10 - December 28th


Prompt: Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.


2011 - I most want to achieve the writing of the first draft of my first novel.  
The idea for it came to me all of a sudden in October of this year.  I had no real intention of writing a novel personally, but it just seems to be the right format for this story that's bursting to get out of me.  It was all inspired by Zencast podcasts that I've been listening to for the last couple of years.  It will be the story of a young woman's discovery of the Buddhist path and will be a young adult novel.  We'll see how it goes!  
I also want to complete the new feature film I started at the beginning of this year and get a first draft finished.  On top of that I want to get working on the revision of the first feature I ever wrote called 'Esperanza'.  The story is very fitting in terms of what is making the headlines at the moment, so I believe the timing is perfect.  
Of course none of these pieces of writing are going to be worth much sitting on my shelf, so I'll definitely be looking towards publishing/ festivals for the work, but I think 2011 will predominantly be about getting the words out of my head and onto the page.  Not a bad goal for the new year!!!
When I achieve these goals in 2011 I believe I'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment now that I'm finally taking my writing seriously, but I will also feel apprehension for the next steps.  Especially now that my writing is no longer for school assignments and I've decided to make a go of sharing my work.  Gotta get it out there!
Accomplishment - 10 things I can do/ thoughts I can think today to experience this feeling today:
1.  complete my 750 words for the day - DONE!
2.  finish as many past #reverb10 prompts as possible today (time is running out for December!) - DONE!
3.  write #reverb10 prompt for today to visualize my goals for next year - DONE!
4.  visualize myself writing the last sentence of my novel/features
5.  tell myself not to give up - every day is another chance to start again
6.  think of all I have achieved in 2010 that I didn't believe I would be able to achieve last year
7.  remember it's not about what you accomplish, but how fully you live each moment
8.  take a moment to sit and breath and enjoy the moment
9.  remember the small accomplishments we achieve everyday and don't stop to appreciate
10.  remember that I haven't given up until now, so there's no stopping me!

No comments:

Post a Comment