Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Sunday, December 5, 2010

#reverb10 - December 5th

Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?


This is a tough one in terms of someone I let go of.  


While I did lose a couple of people last year, I have still be letting go of them piece by piece this year.  I don't feel like I've fully let go of them however - they're still in my heart and on my mind frequently.


Another person I have started to let go of piece by piece this year is my old self.  I have been making many changes spiritually and personally to grow into the healthier and more stable person I wish to be.  This is a continuous process however, therefore I don't think I've fully let go of my old self.  Will I ever though?  That is a good question - and if I don't fully let go of my old self what will that mean?


One thing that I have let go of more fully this year than ever before is my resistance to change.  Change is inevitable and it's futile to hold on to status quo for dear life.  Life only exists because of change.  Without it, there is no life.


Change allows us to grow, move forward, change opinions, experience new things, let the past be the past and appreciate the moment.  I wish I could say that I'd let go of everything to live this way, but I can't.  It does mean though that I have more changing to do to get closer to this point and that is something I can't wait to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment