Subscribe!

Frangepanni Films

Sunday, December 26, 2010

#reverb10 - December 22nd

Prompt: Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?


I've mostly been driving this year.  I did fly a heck of a distance from the Middle East to Scotland and then to the USA this summer, but mostly I've been traveling back and forth to work by car. 
I've enjoyed having my own car again this year.  It's so easy to get from place to place.  I do not miss the New York subway system, which got worse every day I lived there.  I'm not against public transportation by any means, but when the public transportation system makes your life more of a nightmare than it could otherwise be, I can fully understand why people prefer their cars.
Not that driving this year has been easy.  There have been worsening traffic jams throughout the months since summer, but with the opening up of a southern expressway here in Muscat, driving in the capital is back to being acceptable.
I still road-rage too much.  Mostly it's because getting in a car here really is risking your life.  People here drive with death wishes and the traffic accident statistics prove it.  I doubt that will change anytime soon, however.  So, it's up to me to choose to lower my blood pressure or risk it deteriorating further!
This year one trip I know I'm making for sure is my return flight to the States.  I wish I could go visit my family in Scotland, but with a new baby on the way for my brother, the US calls.  
Other than that nowhere else is calling me.  Once I get established back at home I'm sure other places will pop up that I'm desperate to visit, but until then I'm quite happy to keep driving back and forth to work to earn the money that will allow me to get back home to where I belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment